But no, seriously why not do today what I think will make me happy? #findwhatfeelsgood You know you have that vision in your head of what your "happy" looks like right? We all do that right? Please tell me I'm not crazy for real ha ha. But my vision of happy looks like this and this is me being truthful and honest and vulnerable and all that happy horseshit lol...
- Strong marriage rooted in Christ #1
- A partner to share life's journey with
- Someone who will encourage me and challenge me to be my best and allow me to do the same for him.
- Someone who has dreams, goals, aspirations for the future and shares them with me and hey, hears a thought...asks me about mine and encourages daydreaming! Yes I love to day dream in a hammock lol
- Is that already too much to ask for?
- Ok on a less serious note, I was talking to Charlie while I was doing the dishes and said, "If it was just you and me buddy, I would"....and I ended up opening up as many curtains and windows as I could to get fresh air/sunlight in to the house. Normally I would love to turn on my essential oil diffuser and light a candle but I haven't been able to use any of them lately. However, I'm hoping with the new doTERRA adventure I just signed up for will change that because I do believe their oils are pure and I love their whole mission. So if anyone needs any essential oils let me know (hint, hint) lol :)
Crazy right? I really think I am sometimes. But you know what? God loves me anyway! And I'll tell you how I know for sure! I just spent the best Father's day morning ever in my life with my Abba! My daddy woke me up early this morning and took me outside to spend time with him in my very own backyard.
We got to swing in the hammock together. I listened to a beautiful melody from the birds and saw a cardinal, a blue bird but wasn't really a blue bird (I'd never seen it before). Plus I was able to use my binoculars I got from my husband as a gift many years ago that I stuffed in a drawer somewhere to watch them. It was very cool!
Then Charlie came out to see what I was doing but he wouldn't get in the hammock with me so I laid in the grass with him! I did my Yoga sun salutations barefoot in the grass. It was so wonderful to feel supported by the ground and to end in shavasana, cuddle with my best buddy and Abba was there holding us both.
So the sun rose on this Father's day with me coming back inside and cleaning the kitchen (I set a timer for 30 minutes) while I was listening to worship music and I tell you what it was the best 30 minutes ever! I think I might like cleaning again for another 30 minutes like that tomorrow lol.
So anyway the point of this post if you might be wondering is that I felt a stirring by Abba to write it. I feel like He's telling me I need to share my story. I feel like He was talking to me this morning through the Universe, through my surroundings, through the music I listen to, through the devotionals and scriptures I read. I have always struggled with wondering if He really hears me because I never really felt like I could hear from Him.
I believe Yoga has helped me to be more mindful, more aware of my body but also my thoughts. When I learn to be alone and still my mind I open myself up to hey guess what, novel idea...hear from Abba! ha ha I bet He's up there thinking, she just needs to shut up for a minute so I can get a word in lol.
So if anyone likes my ramblings and might find it interesting to hear more, leave me a comment. If not, well I still obeyed and did #findwhatfeelsgood so I guess that's all that really matters!