Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Road Trip

In the past when I would plan for a road trip part of the planning was to find what places I could eat at.  I always got excited because I could eat something "good" that I wouldn't normally be able to get where I live.  The first thing that comes to mind is Dunkin Donuts or Jack in the box.

This time I thought about eating out and even searched online but thought it would be too difficult to stay on the plan.  So I decided to pack what I needed so I wouldn't have to stop and by junk.



I used up all my fresh food in the fridge so it wouldn't spoil before I got back.  I packed two salads (w/homemade dressing), 2 green smoothies, homemade potato wedges, carrot sticks, and leftover soup with some roasted vegetables added.  I also had a bag of air popped popcorn.  

I only had to stop to fill up on gas and use the restroom.  I never even had to go into a store.  Which is good for me because I probably would have bought candy, chips and chocolate to munch on while I was driving to keep me awake.


I was hoping to find a rest area but there weren't any on the road I was on so I decided to stop at Cracker Barrel.  They had a pretty big lawn so we sat out on the picnic blanket I brought.  Charlie ate his dinner and I ate my salad.  We did get some pretty funny looks, but oh well.  

I was pretty proud of myself for sticking with the plan.  Sticking with it at my parent's house will be a little more difficult but I am committed to it!  




1 comment: