Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

What a weekend!

I started out my weekend making breaded mushrooms and onion rings! If you are wanting some snack foods though this would be the recipe! The funny part is I also made creamy ranch dressingand in the recipe it says 2 teaspoons of garlic. I put 2 1/2 Tablespoons in it..haha  I ate it with the mushrooms and onion rings but wow yeah I don't think I can finish it.  Anyway it was pretty funny I thought! I knew as soon as I did it.  My husband knew I ate the garlic as well:) So that was my Friday:)

I had to start preparing for my daughter's (Taylor) open house.  I knew I was going to have hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and cake! I was not to worried but I knew I needed to make a couple recipes so I didn't want all the bad stuff at the open house.  I ended up making creamy mustard herb potato salad which was soooo awesome!  I made it twice in a week..haha


I also made black bean and corn summer salad and pita chips.  I could eat this everyday! I loved how refreshing it was and so easy to make! The pita chips just topped it off.  I could eat it with a spoon or with the chips.  I really liked it and I felt like I could eat a lot of it.    The people who tried both recipes at the open house seemed to like them.  My daughter liked them as well:)

Today I am on my third week! I started out 243.2 and I am 232.6 this morning which is 10.6 lbs in 2 weeks.  I am pretty excited actually if you think about it I have been eating potato salad, chili, pita chips, breaded mushrooms and onion rings! I have been eating frosty's and chia seed pudding! I mean WOW! I have ate lasagna, fat free fredo with noodles, pita pizzas and potatoes.  I have not wanted anything I have not went to bed hungry.  I feel totally satisfied eating any recipe off of www.protectivediet.com. I am still in shock and really believe for the first time I could actually loose weight and keep it off.

 If you are a yo-yo dieter like I have always been you get to a point where you don't even want to try anymore.  Yeah you can loose weight but keeping it off is the worst.  When you go back to eating like you did it never fails you gain weight.  I feel like though eating off of protective diet I am already eating like I want and I feel like I am cheating sometimes..lol  The food is good and satisfying I am not looking to do something else.  I am loosing weight while doing it.   I know 232 is still high for people but I have not been this weight for years.   My highest ever was 296 and that was a few years ago.  I always got stuck about 260 and would try another diet get to 250 be excited then couldn't stick with it because it was to hard and would eventually binge on something.  Then gain 10 to 15 lbs! To me this is a dream come true being able to eat, be satisfied and loose weight. 

I want to shout it off the roof tops! I just know many of my friends struggle with stupid weight! There is a answer! I am willing to get together and make some stuff for you if you want to try some something! Today everyone is having their cookouts and family time! Enjoy it but know you don't have to eat the way you do! There are easy alternative ways go to www.protectivediet.com and look up some recipes.  Read some of her articles on there! All good information:) I think I am going to go make me a frosty:)

4 comments:

  1. Good job sticking to the plan during the open house. Just keep eating a high carb diet of onion rings, potato salad, pita chips, breaded mushrooms, lasagna, chili, pasta, frostys and watch the body fat melt off. Anyone interested in joining Kristie on this journey to optimum health and reaching their ideal body weight jump in! The more the merrier! Do NOT fear carbohydrates. They are used for energy and to regulate our body temperature. They are not stored as fat. Fat is easily stored as fat. Kristie has removed all the added fats out of her diet along with sugar and animal products. We are seeing her results in weight loss, but the results on the inside are even more significant. She has lowered her cholesterol and triglycerides, regulated her blood sugar and improved her immune system in just two weeks. I can't wait to see Kristie in 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie! Yeah who is with me? Try it it's so easy:) Not to mention I feel great!! Thank you for the comment and the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you girl but I have a bone to pick with you...umm how come I didn't get to taste test the mushrooms and onion rings? lol I'm excited to get my blood work done again in July to see how it compares to last years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duh you can't eat mushrooms:) And the onions rings yeah I just ate them:) I am excited for you to get your blood work done as well:)

    ReplyDelete