Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

This is me!

Hi, this is me:) On the left I was 296.6 lbs on the right I was 252 lbs!  I was pretty proud of myself because I have lost 44.6 lbs right! Well not really I had lost this weight and gained it my entire life! It was always about being prettier, skinny and not feeling embarrassed about my life.  I wanted to go to the mall and be able to buy a cute outfit! I am just being real! My weight loss didn't become about health until I reached the 296.6 the last time.  Which was January 2012 when I decided to start a biggest loser competition at my work.

 Don't get me wrong I am proud of the loss but I never really got under 250 lbs but probably once in all my ups and downs!  Today when I weighed myself I was 242.  The reason I want to tell you this is because I am sick of being ashamed and truthfully I don't plan on staying here anymore so it will be the LAST time I say it as well! As you can see though I have a lot more weight to loose! 

The big eye opener for me was in October 2012 when my mom passed away from Colon Cancer:(  What hit me hard was knowing it could of been prevented with diet! Everything I have read about how food the right food fights against cancer.  Not just colon cancer but other cancers as well.  If we all ate this way how much more healthier would the world be?  It just opened my eyes and I wanted to know more!

I decided to loose weight and did it by counting calories and exercising which is a good way! However I still ate meat, sugar, dairy and oils.  I truly believe that the reason people Yo-Yo so much with their weight is because of their addiction to Sugar and processed foods! I mean that's all we think about.  What are we eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner.   Where can I get some chocolate, cake or chips.  If you have ate or are eating SAD then you know what I am talking about.    All I know every time I have tried to loose weight I was hungry all the time.  I would go and buy the carrots and stay away from potatoes.  I definitely would not eat pasta.  I told myself I could not control myself I would eat to much.  Now I know yeah with the sauce and the hamburger it was way bad for you. I can eat the food on Protective Diet!

I don't remember if I was looking on the Internet one day but I found Dr Fuhrman and what he said was sooooo interesting! Eat For Health! Wow ok sounds good I must look more into this! So I have found other blogs and watched movies about plant based diets.  Still though I couldn't do it long term! I try and try so hard and eventually I gave up.  Then one day I found a site called Plantpurity.com I was like wow this site is cool! I was not sure about the recipes but for a couple of months I would try a recipe here and there.  I liked everything I was trying:)  So that brings me to about a week or so ago.  I just figured what am I waiting for?  Do I want to be fat forever? Do I want to be unhealthy? I just asked myself what do you want Kristie?  As I was thinking about that question I thought about a lot of stuff! I don't want to be unhealthy! I want to feel comfortable in my own skin.  I want to run a 5k. I am just sick of being fat! So I decided then what is stopping you! My first thought was money.  My family isn't going to eat this way how am I going to afford it.  I realized on www.protectivediet.com her recipes are NOT expensive! I realized one of her meals would last me a few days! So I don't have to cook everyday! So then I decided why don't I blog about it. Hahaha Be real with people about how it is! 

The past two days I have ate off the site! I also have had a sugar free vanilla iced coffee from McDonald's this morning! (which I may add was my last one forever) I drink Lipton tea flavors that you put in your water! Not a lot but when I get sick of water its a nice change.  I will have to stop that for sure but other than that I ate the food!  I made golden yellow potatoes cut them in half added seasonings and baked them.  I figured I am snacker I need snacks.   Well I ate a half of one for breakfast this morning.  I was not hungry. (which is weird for me)  Also I had a spinach salad with strawberry dressing and strawberries.  I could not finish it.  Again that is strange for me.  As I type my stomach is growling so maybe I am finally hungry and I will go eat.   I guess my point is I made the potatoes but have not used them to snack yet because I have not been hungry.  I decided to eat them for breakfast so I don't waste them.  (oh and by the way my kids love them) So I am just excited to change my lifestyle and not be hungry all the time!

Saturday I am going to whole foods to get my groceries! I am still trying to decide what I want to make first.  There are so many and I want to make them all:)  I do need to stock up on stuff that I can't find near where I live.  I don't have a lot of money to just go buy bulk anything.  This will be interesting regardless and I am excited to go all in! 

2 comments:

  1. Kristie, I just want to let you know how proud I am of you for deciding to make this change in your life. I wish I had half of the motivation you do. Knowing me the way you do, you know that I have also struggled with my weight and being comfortable in my skin. I know that you will be successful in this journey and I support you 100%! Love ya! Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand girl! I believe you will get the motivation as well:) Love you!

      Delete