Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Then & Now

I never really looked forward to birthdays because I really didn't have much to celebrate.  My life was increasingly becoming more and more miserable the more weight I gained.  I was suffering from intense GERD, almost daily migraines, and very depressed among other things.

Even more than the weight loss, I am really proud of the results and changes in my lab work!

                           2011                                             2013
Weight:                  344                                            239
Total Cholesterol:   192                                            137
HDL:                       39                                              34
LDL:                      123                                              88
Trigylcerides:          152                                              75
Blood Pressure:      139/92                                       122/70

I always heard that since I don't eat meat or dairy that my B12 and D levels would be low and I would have to supplement.  I did for awhile but haven't taken any in about 6 months.  Those levels are both within normal range too!

So there you have it, proof that eating a whole foods, plant-based diet works and if I can do it anyone can do it! What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration! Congratulations! You inspire me to keep going, and I can't wait to see where I'll be in a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise I can't wait to see where we'll be in a year either! It sounds like such a long time but it really goes by faster than you think, especially if you focus on one day at a time, before you know it those days add up to big changes! Congratulations and keep it up!

      Delete