Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

When citizens are aroused enough to demand reform!

A river of waste   This documentary made me angry!  For a lot of reasons but mostly because I feel so stupid.  I bought into all the lies the government and meat/dairy industry tossed my way.

I think it is absolutely abhorrent that our government chooses to protect businesses for the sake of money instead of protecting the people (especially innocent children).

We can no longer trust the government to do the right thing for us.   Not that we really ever could, but now my eyes are open!  We have to take a stand for ourselves and our families.  The quote that stuck in my head the most from the A river of waste documentary was, "When citizens are aroused enough to demand reform".

What is it going to take for everyone to demand better from the supposedly "Land of the free"?  If this is the land of the free and a democracy where my voice counts, then I demand clean food, clean water, and clean air.

I'm not clear yet on how to deal with this problem effectively.  I will do the best I can though and hope that everyone jumps on board!  If we all voted with our forks and our ballots then change can happen!

We do have a voice and a choice.  We do not have to continue being programmed (brainwashed) by the large food industries.

No comments:

Post a Comment