Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Slow and steady wins the race

I hit another milestone today...151 pounds is gone (and never coming back!).  I have to admit that this is a very sweet moment for me because it seems like it has taken me forever to get here!

When I first started Weight Watchers the weight was coming off pretty fast (although at the time I didn't think so).  I watch shows like Biggest Loser and wish I could have numbers like that every week.  But I know I can't because I don't put the work in like they do.

I am very proud of this moment though and I realize that in order for me to keep the weight off, it's going to have to be slow and steady.  I'm ok with that because I have also completely changed my lifestyle, from what I eat to what I do.  I even do Pilates while I watch TV so that I can get in some extra exercise.  I would have never done that before!

I told myself a long time ago that I would set goals and rewards for myself because sometimes the scale is just not enough (we all know it lies!).  When I hit my 150 pound goal my reward was to buy the TRX training system for home.  It's been in my Amazon wish list for awhile but now I can buy it!

2008 on the left (with Charlie), 2011 in the middle and 2013 on the right

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! I love you! Thanks for being such a inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing Denise! You are truly a different person from where you started, inside and out. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kristie Clark, thank you and you inspire me because there are so many reasons/excuses for you to give up but you don't!

    @Susan Bilby, thank you I do feel like a totally different person now. Sometimes it's hard to believe. I would definitely encourage anyone who is doing this to take pictures and measurements! It's nice to be able to look back and compare, especially on the days when you don't think you are doing good enough! Miss you, we need to get together soon. Even if it's just for a walk!

    ReplyDelete