Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Homemade Treats for My Best Friend

If I am going to make my own food so that I can be healthy, why wouldn't I do the same thing for my best friend?  I want us to be healthy together so we can do what we both love...have outdoor adventures.

Today I made homemade chicken jerky and Peanut Butter Banana Treats.  The chicken jerky was easy.  It was an already cooked piece of chicken breast that my husband didn't want anymore.  So I just sliced it real thin and put in the oven on 200 degrees until it was dried out.  Charlie approves!


I adapted the peanut butter banana treats based on Whole Foods Market's recipe.  I made my own oat flour and peanut butter in the Vitamix.  I also added ground flax seed because it is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids which are good for his skin and coat.  I also added granulated garlic because well, it's flea season again and it also is an immune booster.



No comments:

Post a Comment