Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Trying new things and giving up the old

Cheese was really hard for me to give up when I decided to be a Nutritarian.  Parmesan was probably the hardest of the cheeses to give up because it adds a distinctive texture to dishes.

Today I made homemade Vegetable Pasta Salad with homemade garlic bread.  I started with this Minestrone Pasta Salad as a base and then altered it.  I used bowtie pasta because that's what I had.  I added baby kale to the pasta water about 1 minute before it was done.  I also added fresh mushrooms and onions.  Instead of using italian dressing with oil in it, I used this recipe from Vegan Coach and let me tell you, it's delicious!  Instead of using regular Parmesan Cheese I made a recipe for Cheesy Sprinkle from Plant Powered Kitchen.

I think I'm in love with the Cheesy Sprinkle recipe!  I took a loaf a bread I got on sale from the bakery and added garlic and sprinkled the Cheesy sprinkle on top and broiled it for a few minutes.  Yummy!  Now I have plenty of Cheesy sprinkle and italian dressing for salads for the rest of the week.



2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Which dressing did you use? The link goes to a page with many different dressings. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa, thanks, I used Vegan Oil-Free Italian Dressing. Sorry about that, I don't really like pages that have more than one recipe for that reason! Let me know if you try it how you like it! I've been eating on it all week. It has been very satisfying! :)

    ReplyDelete