Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Music sweeps the cobwebs from my soul

I go through phases on when I listen to music and what type of music I listen to.  Most of the time I try to stick to music that inspires or encourages me.  Lately, I've been drawn to Shawn McDonald, Chris Tomlin, and Point of Grace.  

This morning on my walk with Charlie I listened to Heal the Wounds by Point of Grace.  


I used to wish that I could rewrite history
I used to dream that each mistake could be erased
Then I could just pretend
I never knew me back then
I used to pray that You would take this shame away
Hide all the evidence of who I've been
But it's the memory of 
The place You brought me from 
That keeps me on my knees
And even though I'm free

Chorus : 
Heal the wound but leave the scar
A reminder of how merciful You are
I am broken, torn apart
Take the pieces of this heart
And heal the wound but leave the scar

I have not lived a life that boasts of anything
I don't take pride in what I bring
But I'll build an altar with
The rubble that You've found me in
And every stone will sing
Of what You can redeem

Don't let me forget
Everything You've done for me
Don't let me forget
The beauty in the suffering

This song really speaks to me because I really did and still do sometimes wish that I could erase my past or rewrite history.  I have had many wounds in my life, as I'm sure most everyone has.  I don't think we should be ashamed of them though.  I am actually proud of my scars now because it shows that I have survived and overcome what tried to destroy me!  

I do believe that everything happens for a reason.  Even though we may never know what that reason was, I believe that God will never leave us and He will give us beauty for ashes.  

I think this is why I am committed to myself to continue on this path of wellness.  I know that God intended for me to be vibrant and healthy so I can fulfill His purpose for my life.  I want to help pass that on and encourage others to embrace their past, it is what made you who you are today.  Forgive others for hurting you and forgive yourself for any mistakes you have made.  Wellness is not just losing weight and being skinny, it's being healthy mentally, physically, and spiritually.   

No comments:

Post a Comment