Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Getting through your obstacles

I work in a surgery department and a rep brought in food for everyone! There were huge chocolate chip cookie (which I could eat a bunch normally) They had brownies (which use to be one of my favorites)! There was also grilled chicken salad and different pasta things! Chicken and noodles and rolls were there! This rep went all out!  Every time I have been on a diet this would ruin it! When someone brought in free food and it be yummie treats I always gave in! It was a weakness especially sugar!

I can proudly say today I resisted was not even really tempted.  I mean yeah I looked at it and for a moment I wanted it! Old habits die hard for sure.  I guess it really is your mind set! I just decided I wanted to eat for health.  I feel so good eating healthy and I don't want to feel bad anymore. I don't want to feel guilty after eating some food.  I don't want to eat in hiding anymore because people who are over weight they do.  I know because I use to do it.  In the past I would of ate the food and on my way home I would of stopped back in the break room and picked up another cookie or two. 

a few hours later.....

I just got done cooking meat in the crock pot for my family to eat beef and noodles tonight! I had to stop myself because out of habit I use to eat it because it was so tender and juicy I loved it.  Again though I guess I have not told myself I can't have these things! I told myself I don't want them! Right now that is working!  I am praying that will continue:) I will be honest there is a piece of me that still thinks I might go back! I get the negative thoughts about how I can't do it its not possible!I do fight that daily! Just like any other habit it needs to change.  I am not giving up though! I am going to win and be healthy and have tons of energy! That's my light at the end of the tunnel:)

No comments:

Post a Comment